Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Friday 16 March 2012

Manchester City Cake




This was an order from my next door neighbour for a friend who's partner is a huge Manchester City Fan and it was his 50th birthday!
As with my previous football shirt cakes, I used a large rectangle tin for the main cake and a cereal bowl for the football.  The cake was a vanilla sponge filled a layer of strawberry jam and buttercream, covered with buttercream then a layer of white fondant as the base.  I then coloured some more fondant and covered the cake again.
The football effect was created using hexagon and pentagon shaped pieces of fondant as the base then I went about recreating the Manchester City logo from fondant.  This was left over night to firm then painted with a solution of glycerine and edible glitter for the golden effect.
The cake was a success and had many photos taken of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment