Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Lizzy's Barbie Cake


After coming to my daughter Jessica's birthday and seeing her Barbie cake, Lizzy had put her request in for a Barbie cake straight away!!
I tackled this cake slightly differently from my first 'dolly' cake as I found that on my previous attempt, I had to cut so much cake away to get the shape of the dress it was too wasteful. 
I baked one large square cake then used two sets of Victoria sponge tins for the rest.  I only had to carve a very small amount away and found that by building up with fondant didn't mean there was so much bunching around the top of the dress, which looks so much smoother than my first attempt.
I covered the square base in a thick layer of white fondant then covered in various sizes and colours of flowers.  The dress was also covered in a layer of white then built up in panels to create a creased effect on the top of the dress.
The cake was a hit with Lizzy's friends!  Fingers crossed for a few more orders…!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment