Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Friday 16 March 2012

Mothers Day Cake


This Mothers Day Cake created for an old work colleague after he had seen some of my previous creations!  I was asked to recreated the Boofle dog which I think I have done quite successfully!
The cake was a 2 tier 7" sponge cake filled with strawberry jam and buttercream.  This was covered with a layer of buttercream then a layer of white fondant. 
The dog was build up using a blend of chocolate and white fondant.  I then mixed up a selection of pastel coloured fondants to create a patchwork effect.
As I didn't have room to add any writing on the top of the cake, I decided to write in royal icing 'Happy Mothers Day!x' on the top white edge of the cake, which I'm sure my friend will be more than happy with!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment