Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Monday 26 September 2011

Roulette Wheel Cake


Made for my sisters sister in-law (complicated hahaha) who is soon off to Las Vegas for a holiday!


Sarah is a very big fan of chocolate so naturally I had to make the cake as chocolatey as possible!  I made a chocolate sponge filled and covered with chocolate ganache.  This was then covered in a mixture of plain white and chocolate fondant which I lightly kneeded together to produce the wood effect for the roulette wheel.


Once the cake was made and covered I then went about creating the finishing touches.  The wheel spinner was made out of fimo as this sets hard when baked, then covered in a film of gold glitter.  


The coloured section was then carefully created followed by the dice, cards and cheeky copy of the Las Vegas sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment