Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Thursday 6 October 2011

Ipswich Town shirt & football Cake!


Made for Linda's son who turned 30 who loves football and is an avid Ipswich Town supporter!
For the cake I used my largest rectangular tin and a pudding bowl for the football.
I carved the shaped of the shirt and sandwiched with buttercream then covered with hand mixed blue fondant.  I then added white lines by rolling the fondant to get a decent thickness then edged the cake in the same way.
The badge was cut from a section of white fondant which I then hand painted, adding detail for the horse.  I then piped the lettering and edging.  The other lettering was cut from rolled out fondant to give a smoother and cleaner finish.
The football was initially covered with a layer of white fondant then I cut out a selection of white hexagons and black pentagons to make up the distinctive pattern of the football.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment