Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Cricket bat and ball cake!

The second cake for Linda's order was for her son who is a huge cricket fan!
My original plan was to make a large rectangle cake and have a cricket bat and ball on top but I thought it would be much more impressive (and fun!) to make a life size cricket bat and ball, so here it is!
I made the rectangle cake and cut in half to make the general shape of the bat.  I had an extra 7" sandwich which I had baked intending to use with the triathlon cake which wasn't needed in the end so cut the handle and ball shapes out of this.
The bat was covered in white fondant which I had kneaded a little chocolate fondant in, to give the wood effect.  The handle and ball was covered in white then a thin layer of black and the ball covered in a red and black mix to give a deeper colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment