Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Monday 26 September 2011

Frank from Cars Model


Another order from my flyer in a local shop!  I got home to find a message about a combine harvester…. Not sure how to do that but hey im game!  Called the lady back to discuss her requirements.  Not quite a straight forward cake order but definitely a challenge I was willing to try!

Frank is not a cake - he is a model to go on a cake.  My customer's grandson has an egg allergy so she wanted to make the cake.  He loves Frank from Cars (Disney film) so the plan was to make a cake for frank and friends to sit on top of. 


Frank was modelled around shaped wood then covered and modelled out of Fimo (polymer clay).  The wheels were donated from a toy tractor! 


I was really pleased with how Frank turned out, and I know the little boy I have made him for will have lots of fun plying with him after the cake has long gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment