Kerry's Cake

Kerry's Cake
Pretty pink flowers

Friday 26 August 2011

spider cake!

The cake was created for my husband's birthday.  I had already bought some spider cufflinks as one of his gifts so when shopping for wrapping paper and birthday cards, we found spiders everywhere and I thought it would be fun to continue the theme!
The Friendly Spider is a very naughty chocolate cake covered with melted chocolate, double cream (I KNOW!!!) and butter which is left to cool and harden slightly before using as filling and roughly icing the cake.
I then went on to break lightly 8 large Twix bars then with melted chocolate dripped onto the break to give the bend in the leg and finally two large white chocolate coins for his eyes.
 
Need I say, He didn't last long in our house!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment